Saturday, November 29, 2008

Meet the Team

Derrick Waller:

I am the third-born (of ten) in the Waller household. We have been together as a family in Oak Brook area for about the last year or so. I enjoy helping out with various missions around here as I am able to, although I am working full time with my Dad where he is working as an engineer in Chicago. I have also been managing the farming operation in Wisconsin. Last year after getting back from Mongolia and a short time in the Philippines I spent a few months framing houses and commercial buildings with a friend of mine in Oklahoma City, OK. Our time in Mongolia and traveling back and forth is packed with many meaningful memories and a fair amount of adventure. Life is exciting!

I was privileged to be involved in our previous missions to the Philippines in 2004 and 2006. I feel very strongly the need for equipping and lifting up the hands of our fellow believers in the Philippines and bringing the message of freedom to those who see a lot of hopelessness. I feel that we must continue to sow at this time, building upon what was invested, and strengthening the hands of those who remain there to serve. I am excited to see what God will do even among our team. James 5:7-8

Joshua Mathews:

My name is Josh Mathews, and I am 18 years old. I am the second oldest in our family. I live on a farm in central Minnesota.
My experience in ministry has included: children's seminars (unofficial Children's Institutes), backyard Bible clubs, Good News Clubs in the public schools, and working with my brothers and sisters! I am grateful for the Lord's faithful work in my life, and I am looking forward to what He will do through us in the Philippines!


Andrew Mathews:
Hello Friends!

My name is Andrew Mathews, and I am 21 years old—the oldest in a family of 6 children. I live in Minnesota on a small farm. Right now, I am completing my first year at the International Ministerial Institute (IMI) in Burnet, TX. The Lord has been doing a wonderful work in my life at IMI as I have learned to hear His voice, and deepen my relationship with God. In the past, God has given me other opportunities to serve in various children’s ministries, including children’s seminars and backyard Bible clubs.

I am excited about going back to the Philippines to be a witness of Christ’s life to others that He brings across our path—the Lord really used the first trip I took two years ago in a powerful way in my life. God is going to do mighty things on our behalf as we look to Him to fulfill His work in our lives and the lives of others for His Kingdom’s sake!


Staci Shrock:
My name is Staci Shrock and I am 17 years old. There are four kids in my family, and I'm third born. Over the last five years or so, I have been so blessed to be involved with children's ministry. In 2004, I attended Operation Salt and Light in Oklahoma City (3 week children's ministry training course) and in 2006 and 2008 attended Operation Eternal Impact here in Oregon (A two week children's ministry course).

I am very excited for the opportunity to serve the Lord in the Philippines! Our Lord is so good and wise! When I look back on this last year, I can't help but see how He had been preparing my heart for this trip long before it was even scheduled. Although I'm sure it will be very stretching, I look forward to doing whatever God has for me and wherever He has me!

Gabe Shrock:
Gabe, my big (and only) brother is 20 years old. Gabe is our family "court jester:" He always knows when we need to be cheered up with a laugh! He has a heart for God and truly lives out what he believes. He has helped with (and helped lead) five day clubs many, many times. In 2006 he attended Operation Eternal Impact and in 2008 he helped as staff for the Impact. Gabe has had a desire to do overseas missions for a while, and when this trip came up, God directed him to go for it. He is very excited to go and serve the Lord with you all in the Philippines!


David Waller:

I am the fifth of ten Waller children. We currently are serving in Oak Brook, IL at the Institute in Basic Life Principles Headquarters. The work that I do serving at the Institute has been very challenging, yet very fruitful. I have been blessed to work for the last year and a half amidst Godly people who have an earnest love for God. This has challenged me immensely. My desire and passion is to serve the Lord by challenging and motivating others to a closer walk with Him.

In an attempt to do this, I have served with Character First! Education in Oklahoma City, Character Training Institute of Mongolia, and numerous smaller children's ministry opportunities. Though I enjoy teaching character, my greatest enjoyment comes when I am able to see the practical applications of the rich truths of Scripture and share them with others and watch them gain moral victory, relationships restored, and genuine love for the Lord in action in their daily lives. “Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all” (Philippians 2:17).

Rachelle Waller:
My name is Rachelle Waller; I am 25 years old and am the fourth-born of ten children. I have had the awesome privilege of serving for three years in Oklahoma City teaching Character First! in public schools and was then able to go bring that training that I received to Mongolia with my family to teach character principles there. Since we left Mongolia a year and a half ago we have been living in IL serving in various areas at the Institute in Basic Life Principles.

Having been a part of the trip to the Philippines in 2004 and 2006, excitement built as God began revealing various verses to me regarding a potential trip in 2008; one of them being from Is. 54:2-4a. Each experience in the Philippines has been one of the most unique, memorable, growing experiences that I have had been a part of. It has been so neat to see how God has worked during each trip in the past and I anticipate that He will do the same on this trip. Thank you so much for your prayers for us!

Sarah Waller:

I am 18 years old and 6th born out of 10 children. This summer I helped with a summer camp for intercity children of Oklahoma City and just finished nine weeks of intense training and teaching character in the public schools of Oklahoma City.
My past experience in working with children includes helping organize children's programs while my family served in Mongolia, teaching at Character Family Seminars in China, and teaching Backyard Bible Clubs in Minnesota.
There have been verses that have stood out to me about telling others about what God has done for me. Psalm 118:17 "I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord." I never pictured myself as someone who would speak before large audiences, but God's strength is made perfect in my weakness. (2 Corinthians 12:9)

Julia Clearman:
My family consists of Dad and Mom, four very close sisters, and then one favorite brother. We live in the woods of Minnesota. Our precious Lord has been good to us and we thank Him for His blessings! I am right in the middle of five siblings and will be twenty in January.
Our family is involved in ministering to those around us who are in need: food, music, love, children’s ministry, and time, wherever service is needed and with whatever God has blessed us with. As long as I can remember I have had the desire to serve the Lord in other countries. The Lord has given and continues to give me a heart to, “…Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature” (Mark 16:15). I am very excited that the Lord opened up the possibility for me to participate in the Philippines trip!

Tammy Sellin:

I am 28 years old and from a family of eight with one sister-in-law. In May I moved back home to live with my family helping with schooling for my younger brothers and sister. I had been working with Character First! Education in the public schools of Oklahoma City for the past eight and a half years.

The thing that brings me the greatest joy is helping those who He brings into my path, including overseas missionaries. God has blessed me with the opportunity to travel to Singapore, Fiji, the Philippines, and China. I am really looking forward to this trip. I can't wait to see what the Lord will do in and through our lives as a team and what He will do in the lives of the Filipinos

Ryan Barth:

Hello Everyone!
My name is Ryan Barth. I am seventeen years old and the fourth born of ten children. Our family has been serving at the IBLP Headquarters for the past thirteen years. Looking back I am grateful for every opportunity and the many blessing the Lord has given us here.

My biggest involvement with ministry has been serving others in need with my time and talents. I have also been able to participate in small programs for the IBLP staff children, which have included Bible themes, games, and skits. When I was asked and this opportunity came up to go to the Philippines, I sensed almost right away that the Lord would have me go. I have a real burden and desire to see the hearts and lives of people changed and turned to the Lord during our time over there. My prayer during our time in the Philippines is that the people will see the character of Jesus Christ in us and as a result be turned to Him.

2 comments:

Christy L said...

Praying for you all! Praising God that Christ the Vine promises to bring forth eternal fruit through every branch abiding in Him! Your labor is not in vain in the Lord; our God is a Rewarder of them that seek Him. May He fill, protect, and strengthen you as you seek first His kingdom, dear friends.

Robert Staddon said...

Excellent team! It's great to see the quality of people that God has put together. I'm looking forward to hearing good reports!

By the way, is Tammy the only one who didn't say where she was from? :)