We got to go to the Malaybalay City Jail. It was my first time to go in a jail that was in use. The jail was out of the city. They had one cell of ladies, the rest were men. I got to talk to the ladies for a bit. There were five of them. Some of us shared the testimonies of when we got saved. I was able to share about my response to my older brother Isaac’s passing, and how I was able to thank God for allowing my brother to pass away. After I shared with them one of the ladies shared that four of her siblings had died, three had hanged themselves on three consecutive years. She was crying. They told us some about their families. All of them except for one came from larger families (eight to eleven children). I am glad that I got to share with them. They sang a couple of songs for us. They said that it was the only thing that they could give.
—Sarah Waller
3 comments:
That is really special, Sarah! I am glad you had the opportunity to share with these ladies. I am sure they will long remember your visit, especially your testimony of what God has done through Isaac's Homegoing. I am praying for you all!
Praise the Lord, Sarah! It is exciting to hear how God is working in and through the team!
We are praying for all of you!
Hannah (for the Burnetts)
HEY SARAH,
It's so great to hear how God is using you to minister!
We are all praying for your team every night at family devotions!!
God bless,
Elizabeth
Post a Comment